Cycling Ireland is recruiting for the position of Marketing and Communications Manager.
The role will come with an initial three-year contract and will include responsibility for all facets of our marketing, communications, brand and sponsorship functions.
The purpose of the role will be to lead the provision of the full range of Cycling Ireland communications and marketing functions including all digital, social and traditional media, the Cycling Ireland brand, the Cycling Ireland website, and the acquisition and activation of sponsorship.
The role has been newly created since the appointment of Matt McKerrow as CEO earlier this year.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will be a key conduit across all areas of the Cycling Ireland business and a senior member of the general management team.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan that delivers against the key elements of the soon to be developed CI 2020-2025 Strategic Plan;
- Develop the characteristics and values of the CI brand; develop and implement guidelines for its use and devise methods to increase recognition and awareness of same.
- Develop and maintain existing Cycling Ireland communication platforms ensuring informative and accurate information is provided to CI members and stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Source suitable sponsorship opportunities that are beneficial to CI and ensure these sponsorships are activated with sponsors serviced appropriately;
- Work closely with the CI Commissions and High-Performance department to ensure coverage and exposure is provided for their key events throughout the year;
- Assist in the promotion of CI Education Programmes and Coaching Activities
- Work with the CI Events Officer and clubs to ensure coverage and support is provided for National Series/Championship and all CI endorsed events.
- Build sustainability through capacity building with the key internal stakeholders.
- Develop relationships with key media contacts throughout the country.
- Arrange media training and support for coaches, athletes and other CI personnel, including the professional use of social media.
- Provide reports, insights and monitoring data as required by CEO and key stakeholders.
The role is a senior one and it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of having worked in a senior role with sports marketing, sponsorship or an agency environment. The salary is expected to be in the region of €40-50,000.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, 13th June 2019
Applications should be sent including CV, cover letter and/or response to the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Image Credit: Valerie O’Sullivan, Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle