The latest in AIG’s Dub Club Chronicles series focuses on the story of O’Dwyer’s GAA Club in Balbriggan, North County Dublin.
Founded in 1918 they got their own land in the 1960s and are now getting ready to swap land with Fingal County Council to move across the road into a new clubhouse and pitch complex in Braemor Park.
John O’Leary is perhaps the most famous son of the club having won his only County medal playing Junior hurling 14 years after captaining Dublin to victory in the 1983 All Ireland Championship.
It’s a story of a club with culture and kids at heart, not unlike many of the clubs that have featured in the series. It’s a great way for the County sponsor to help its clubs to put themselves on the map.
They also have a cool chant before they take to the field.
Image credits, Bryan Keane, Inpho.ie