It has been a strong week of opportunities to work within the sports arena and today we bring you another with Croke Park looking for an Event and Operations Manager.
Croke Park welcomes over 1,500,000 visitors each year across matches, concerts, conferences, meetings and the GAA Museum.
The new role will report directly to the Head of Sales and will be part of the Croke Park Meetings & Events team and responsible for managing event operations and delivering an excellent client experience.
This will include the day to day management of the events team and, as the team leader, ensure department targets and client expectations are met.
Among the Key responsibilities listed on the Job advertisement are:
• Acting as the main point of contact for events once they are contracted by the sales team;
• Conducting site inspections and pre and post event meetings with clients, ensuring the event is well managed from beginning to end;
• Working on event orders and submitting catering details a week before the event date;
• Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to the events team.
• Chairing weekly event order meetings;
• Reporting monthly to management on upcoming events, team successes and client feedback;
• Selling the Croke Park experience – encouraging clients to add on tours, gala dinners and post conference events in the GAA Museum;
• Meeting and greeting every client on their event day;
• Working with management on setting annual budgets, reconciling monthly figures and submitting forecast reports;
• Working closely with our facilities executive on venue upkeep, room set ups and standards, AV facilities and contractor relationships;
• Acting as a key driver of the Croke Park customer journey and ensure the client experience is best in class;
The closing date for applications is 3 PM on Monday, January 14th and those interested should submit an up to date cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.