Cricket Ireland is seeking to appoint an event manager withoverall responsibility for the management and delivery of all home international matches and non-international matches and events.
2019 will see Cricket Ireland hosting a number of high-profile events including the Ireland v England One Day International in May and the Ireland Vs West Indies Vs Bangladesh Tri-series in Dublin in May along with Afghanistan and Zimbabwe matches in Northern Ireland.
The Key Responibilities for the job will include:
- Overall management of all domestic and international men’s and women’s home matches including national cups and Inter-Provincial competitions and other Cricket Ireland events, such as launches, AGM, and ad-hoc events.
- Liaison with host venues, local authorities and/or local organising committees regarding all aspects of the events such as broadcasting, seating, hospitality, catering (VIP, player/official/public) security match regulations (in conjunction with the Cricket Operations Manager)
- Working with local authorities on event licence applications and to ensure event plans, Health & Safety. Medical plans, site plans are all at best practice levels.
- Working closely with CI volunteers in all provinces to deliver first class events Prepare detailed event plans for international matches
- Management of the income and expenditure budget for all events
- Liaison with CI Finance Dept regarding pre-event payments and post-event recharges/reconciliation/invoicing/credit control
- Working closely with Commercial team on delivery of all contracted benefits including the management of signage and branding rights, tickets and hospitality at events
- Working closely with the Commercial team to proactively identify opportunities for adding value to commercial partners at events
- Liaison with the Commercial team re seating numbers, tickets sales and ticket allocation for CI members and stakeholders
- Liaison with the Marketing Manager regarding delivery of printed materials for matches and events eg. posters, tickets, publications, match brochures, scorecards etc
- Facilitating delivery of on-ground/in-venue requirements to key stakeholders eg. broadcasters, written media, internet providers, hospitality caterers, security personnel, merchandisers etc
- Management of Cricket Ireland VIP hospitality, including invitations, in-venue set- up, table-planning, VIP management
- Event manager for Cricket Ireland Awards
- Managing Event management staff ( One fulltime and various part-time/seasonal) Other commercial activity deemed appropriate or reasonably within the remit of the role as decided by Head of Commercial
- The Event manager will be an integral part of the CI Commercial Department and will participate in regular commercial meetings, sponsor meetings and will work closer with other Departments
Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout All-Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game. The future of Irish cricket is incredibly bright given the growth of the sport driven by significant success on the international stage in the last decade leading to unprecedented visibility for Irish cricket at home and abroad.
The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 27 March 2019, 9.00am local time. Letters of application and a CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org