Three is looking to appoint a new Head of Sponsorship. The role is one of the most senior in the sector looking after a portfolio that stretches from the Republic of Ireland soccer teams to the 3Arena.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
The role is to maximize the Three brand in the Irish marketplace by designing and implementing the sponsorship strategy for those music and sport sponsorship assets.
The role will be focused on maximizing the commercial returns on all sponsorship activities, which directly influence the achievement of business KPI’s – reduction in churn, increase in AMPU, increase in brand awareness and providing unique assets for the 3Plus loyalty programme.
The role involves building effective, co-operative relationships of a strategic nature with current and potential music and football rights holders, as a means of proactively supporting the achievement of Brand and marketing communications objectives.
- Working directly with CCO to manage the sponsorship OPEX budget. This role requires significant budgetary planning and fiscal discipline. In addition, work extensively with Procurement to ensure excellent partner and cost management
- Ensure all sponsorship plans are aligned with the brand position and optimum use is made of the resources of the Insight and Communications teams.
- Other key stakeholder interactions include the Propositions, Loyalty, CEO office, Legal, Corporate PR and Business functions
- Performance Management and Effectiveness
- Measure the effectiveness of all sponsorship campaigns against agreed Brand and Business KPIs
- Monitor sponsorship performance by tracking against the key business KPI’s i.e. active engagement from the customer base, churn, spend etc
- Execute the process for evaluation and feedback of sponsorship activities to the business
- Review and analyses specific performance against plan for key initiatives to drive continuous improvement and learning
- Lead the sponsorship team, providing direction, focus and motivation on the strategy and key business deliverables across the spectrum of all sponsorship activity.
The skills being sought are
- Proven leadership and cross-functional team working skills with the ability to develop and motivate within a high-performance culture. A proven ability to understand your people and ensure through inspirational and effective leadership that you lead them to success, both on an individual and company basis.
- Strategic awareness, ability to influence and shape both the medium and longer-term strategy of the business. This role requires a strategic thinker with the ability to convert it into operational execution. Excellent quantitative/business modelling, use of strategic frameworks, rigorous planner, and comfortable with strategic analysis.
- As the role requires management of a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, exceptional interpersonal, networking, negotiation, influencing and communication skills are essential with evidence of a proactive approach and creditable outcomes.
- Ability and passion to drive operational excellence, leading the transformation to bring best in class sponsorship operations.
- Driven for results, ability to work under pressure and to strict timescales
- Appreciation of the customer, their needs and how to meet them creatively
- Commercial Acumen, Possess a clear understanding of profitability and the management of P&L, Opex and KPI’s
- A track record working in a large and complex company where you have led the way in world-class sponsorships breaking new ground and pushing for change across a business
- A track record of managing high profile partnerships
- Commercial relationship management and major event planning and delivery management
- Experience of coordinating high level sponsorship/commercial partner accounts and a comprehensive knowledge of sponsorship landscapes are required.
The level of experience being sought would include
- Proven effective leadership of a team/function utilising a collaborative and coaching approach
- Experience in managing and negotiating high-value contracts
- Significant experience in lead sponsorship role, with major brands
- Significant experience liaising with rights holders
- Experience of maximising sponsorship activity to drive sales and brand awareness
- Experience in managing sponsorship events to an exceptionally high standard
- Exposure to working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment