Horse Racing Ireland’s Racecourse Division is currently recruiting a Commercial Manager to join the team.
The role will have responsibility for the commercial and sales activity at Fairyhouse and Navan Racecourses delivering substantial growth to revenues and will form part of the wider Racecourse Division team supporting the racecourses.
Key Responsibilities in the Role:
- Work with the Racecourse Division CEO and the racecourse teams to develop and implement a commercial strategy and an associated sales strategy
- Build on existing sponsorships & partnerships to develop & improve agreements to ensure the offerings remain competitive and identify and pursue potential new sponsorship and partnership deals
- Work with the Marketing Manager to review the racing product offering and identify pricing strategies to meet the needs of specific target markets
- Identify opportunities to increase sales ofhospitality packages
- Ensure the racecourse facilities are utilised to maximum potential for non raceday activity
- Prepare and report on KPI’s to gain insight into how the racecourses can make adjustments to improve performance
- Develop commercial awareness among the racecourse teams driving a results oriented culture
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role and a proven track record of implementing successful commercial/sales strategies. Experience managing sponsorships/partnerships. Strong influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills. A team player with excellent project management, communication and organisational skills along with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
An understanding of the horse racing industry will be an advantage. As racing is a seven-day business, flexibility in relation to working hours is required. This role will form part of the management team on racedays.
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your curriculum vitae, no later than close of business Wednesday 15thAugust 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Helen Seery, Human resource Manager, Horse racing Ireland, Ballymany, The Curragh, County Kildare.