The Ladies Gaelic Football Association is seeking to appoint a National Development Officer with responsibility for growth and participation.
The Association currently has 195,000 registered members in Ireland making it one of the largest sports across the entire country.
It has thrived in recent years with strong commercial support from Lidl and TG4 in particular and this role will aim to capitalise on the extensive interest.
Elements of the role will include:
- The implementation and monitoring of the Association’s national growth and participation strand of the strategic roadmap and its associated objectives
- As part of the development team, designing and driving the implementation of a range of programmes and policies to support growth and participation both nationally and internationally
- Supporting clubs, county boards, provincial councils and international units, developing collaborative working relationships, delivering training and providing information and advice
- Working as part of the Association Development team, deliver projects and programmes as they arise
Successful candidates will have:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in sports-related discipline or equivalent relevant to the post
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a position responsible for the development and delivery of programmes in a sporting organisation, ideally with direct experience of growth and participation
- A high degree of initiative with proven planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a variety of diverse stakeholders at local and national level
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Have an interest in the sport and knowledge of the structures and operations of a sporting organisation
- Ability to work to deadlines
- A full valid driving licence for use in Ireland
The role will report to the National Development Manager
The closing date for applications will be Friday 29 March 2019. Letters of application and a CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org