The full panel of judges for the Irish Sport Industry Awards have been named by the Federation of Irish Sport.
- Rob Hartnett, Sport for Business Founder (Chair)
- Cliona O’Leary, RTÉ Deputy Head of TV Sport
- Gerry McDermott, Fingal County Council Communications Manager
- Carol Andrews, BNY Mellon Managing Director
- Miriam Malone, Paralympics Ireland CEO
- Amanda Harton, JLT Sport Director
- Sinead Galvin, Galvin Sports Management Founder
- Cathal Dervan, FAI Head of Communications
- David McHugh, Line Up Sports Founder
- Fiona Coghlan, Grand Slam Winner
- Jill Downey, Core Sponsorship Managing Director
The closing date for nominations in the six open categories will be Friday, March 29th.
Sport for Business will run a daily series highlighting each of the Awards, starting tomorrow with the nomination award for National Governing Body of the year.
A nominations committee will compile a long list from those nominations and from industry knowledge in each of the 14 categories.
The full list of categories is:
Open categories where submissions can be made
Best use of social media by an organisation
Best programme/campaign to increase sporting participation
The Inclusivity Award
Local sports partnership initiative of the year
National governing body of the year
Closed categories which will be decided by the Federation of Irish Sport Judges
The Jimmy Magee award for Sports journalist of the year
Sports media outlet of the year
New sports business of the year
Sports business of the year
Sporting innovation of the year
Sporting event of the year
Best sports sponsorship of the year
“These awards are a true reflection of the high standards that run to the core of sport in Ireland,” said Chair of the judging panel and founder of Sport for Business, Rob Hartnett.
“The winners will emerge through a process of serious argument and deliberation from among a very strong group of professionals working within the sector.”
From that process, we can be sure that it will be the best of the best that emerge.”
“I would encourage everybody to look at the categories and make a submission for those they have worked with to such a high level over the past twelve months. It is a way for us all to recognise the talent that exists within the industry and something that carries real weight.”
The Awards event will be held on Monday the 15th of April in the Crown Plaza Blanchardstown.