Munster Rugby are inviting applications for the position of Head of Commercial and Marketing.
The role, replacing Doug Howlett who is returning to New Zealand, will include responsibility for the development and implementation of the Commercial and Marketing agenda for Munster Rugby.
The individual will provide the commercial leadership, creativity and direction to maximise the sales and revenue generation for Munster Rugby through existing stakeholders and new opportunities on a national and international level.
The role is based in Cork and is offered on an initial 4-year fixed term contract basis.
The key areas of responsibility will include:
- Leading and developing the Commercial and Marketing agenda for Munster Rugby by driving, developing and leveraging the Munster Rugby brand, marketing and commercial plans in line with Munster Rugby’s vision and strategic plan
- Contributing effectively as a member of Munster Rugby’s senior team to wider strategy and management of Munster Rugby
- Working with the Ticket Sales Manager to maximise sales across all Munster Rugby matches in Thomond Park Stadium and Irish Independent Park through the key stakeholders and new customers, including – pricing, sales system, agents, clubs, Munster Rugby Supporters Club and others
- Developing and executing a marketing plan to maximise awareness of matches and drive sales of season tickets and match tickets
- Leading the sponsorship strategy, managing and developing existing sponsors and building new partnerships and relationships
- Working with the Financial Controller to develop the annual budget and manage cost and revenue streams through the season
- Working with the Membership Strategist to grow and develop the membership base of Munster Rugby globally
- Working with the Head of Communications to constantly develop the Munster Rugby website, e-commerce, social media and other platforms to optimise online communication to our sponsors, patrons and supporters
- Leading and developing hospitality sales agenda in Thomond Park Stadium, through the Munster Rugby Business Development Manager
- Managing the matchday commercial and hospitality agenda
- Maximising advertising revenues for Munster Rugby through all media – Stadia, Programme and e-commerce
- Growing and developing Global events with support from Membership strategist and Business development manager
- Working with the Corporate Ambassador and Fundraising team to develop the Patrons value proposition, and leveraging Patrons support successfully over time
- Working with the Communications Manager and Team Manager to deliver the commercial requirements required from the team and management
- Working with the Retail Partner and Brand Manager to constantly develop new and innovative merchandise – Munster Rugby merchandise, licensing agreements, etc
- Developing and producing annual merchandise – pre-season guide, an annual calendar, posters etc.
The closing date for applications is strictly 12pm on Tuesday, June 4th.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing June 10.