Horse racing Ireland is looking to recruit a marketing professional to work on the racecourse side of the sport.
The new Racecourse Marketing Support Manager will provide assistance to racecourses in maximising attendances at race-meetings and increase interest levels in racing.
Among the key responsibilities that the new recruit will take on will be:
• Liaising with racecourses to evaluate their commercial and marketing needs, providing appropriate support to help them to achieve growth, in particular for racing festivals and long-term development plans
• Engaging in joint campaign planning including positioning, targeting, media planning, promotional partnerships and tactical approaches to different market segments
• Developing racecourse ticket sales, particularly the promotion of online and retail ticket distribution
• Working with racecourses on tourism development with an emphasis on direct engagement with the British market
• Demonstrating commercial acumen and ambition to create viable strategies and campaigns to ensure racecourses’ and HRI commercial and marketing objectives are achieved
It has been an exciting time in the marketing of Irish racing with attendance and sponsorship climbing and new initiatives including the Dublin Racing Festival at Leopardstown in February and the completion next year of the Curragh redevelopment making for an exciting 2018 and beyond
A knowledge and understanding of the Irish racing industry, particularly in the racecourse sector would be a desirable attribute as well as strong people skills and an ability to influence key stakeholders across the industry.
A relevant marketing qualification with three to five years’ experience in a marketing role is required as well as a broad-based marketing communications skill-set with a thorough understanding of digital marketing and social media.
Experience with market research, report writing and budget management would be useful and the requirement is for a strategic-minded individual who can work effectively as part of a team.
If you are interested in this vacancy, you should send your curriculum vitae, no later than close of business, 30th November 2017, to email@example.com
In 2018 Sport for Business will host 20 events linking sport and business in ways that make a difference to how we all do such a great job, as well as producing our Daily News Digest covering the commercial world of Irish sport.