It’s always good to see a job come up in sport that suggests something a little different.
The title of PR and Innovation Officer with Rowing Ireland is certainly intriguing enough to take a second look and the opportunity to work within one of Irish sport’s most impressive High-Performance cultures will surely be appealing.
Reporting to new CEO, Michelle Carpenter, the post holder will be fully responsible for driving innovation across the organisation and overseeing the efficient and effective implementation of new projects, underpinning them with a strong communications policy.
Key responsibilities of the position will include:
• Position Rowing Ireland as a “Leader in Innovation” across sport through the generation and implementation of new concepts, products and events
• Grow and diversify the revenue base by exploring a variety of options
• Create and capture innovative ideas to drive increased participation, consumer engagement, partnerships and peripheral standing of the sport.
• Analyse feasibility and, where appropriate, oversee implementation from inception to delivery of ideas.
• Create, distribute and manage bespoke and exciting proposals and relevant support documentation.
• Ensure all Rowing Ireland activity is led by sufficient market understanding and insight in a ‘consumer first’ approach.
• Instil and ferment a spirit of innovation across the organisation.
• Be a driver of developing trends and analyse their potential benefit/impact on Rowing Ireland’s strategy.
• Influence the experiences of other organisations, rowing nations, partners and external organisations to assist the development of Rowing Ireland’s strategy.
That’s a fairly extensive range of responsibilities and a great opportunity for a talented individual to really make an impact.
The role is currently based at the National Rowing Centre in Cork but alternative location such as Dublin may be an option.
Suitable candidates should apply in writing with a letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Queries may be directed to the above mail also.