Horse Racing Ireland is looking to recruit a Sales and Operations Executive to join the team at Navan Racecourse.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will generate and oversee sales for race days and non-race day events and will assist with the operational requirements of the racecourse for race days and non- race day events.
- Support the delivery of best-in-class facilities while increasing race meeting attendances and revenues through increased sales of hospitality and raceday packages to customer groups
- Deliver the logistics associated with each race day including staffing, catering and security and raise the quality of the customer experience for race going and event customers
- Become a superuser of the Seat Advisor ticketing system, using the system to develop and generate specific reports for analysis of activity
- Assist with the preparation of the annual operations and facilities budget and monitor expenditure in conjunction with the Finance team
- Work with the General Manager to develop the racecourse as a major event centre through the project management of specific events on race days and non-race days
- Knowledge and understanding of the Irish racing industry, particularly the racecourse sector.
- Strong people skills and experience in a sales role with excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a fast paced, customer oriented business.
- A self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong experience of Microsoft Office packages.
- Practical experience of social media, along with knowledge of the Seat Advisor ticketing system would be an advantage.
- Flexibility in relation to
working hours and weekends since racing is a seven-day business.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your curriculum vitae, no later than close of business 22nd January 2018 to email@example.com.
Horse Racing Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Image Credit: Morgan Treacy, Inpho Photography