We are very pleased to be part of a special talk on Women in Sport at William Fry this evening, followed by a reception where over 100 invited guests will mingle with some real stars within Women’s sport.
The event will focus on the challenges and perceptions facing women in sport today and what needs to be done to increase the visibility of women’s sports.
There will be an informative panel discussion made up of a range of Irish sports personalities, including the following:
• Ruth Fahy, former WNL soccer player and current sports pundit and Trainee at William Fry
• Vera Pauw, former Dutch football coach and player and current Republic of Ireland women’s national football team manager
• Nora Stapleton, former Ireland women’s rugby union international and current Sport Ireland, Women in Sport Lead
• Mick Bohan, current Dublin ladies football manager
• Carolyn Hayes, Olympic hopeful, Irish Triathlete of the Year and 11 times Irish National Champion will also take part in the panel discussion.
MC for the evening will be Rob Hartnett, CEO of Sport for Business.
“I’m delighted to be hosting ‘The Tipping Point for Women’s Sport’ event with William Fry,’ said Hartnett.
“It is vital to keep the topic of women in sport at the forefront in 2020 and I am looking forward to hearing insights from such an experienced sporting panel over the course of what I’m sure will be a great evening.”
Ruth Fahy, current sports pundit and Trainee at William Fry said; “I am very much looking forward to taking part in this event alongside such an accomplished group of sportspeople and coaches.”
“As a current Trainee in William Fry, I am delighted to be given the opportunity to share my own experiences as a woman playing professional sport and to discuss where I feel women’s sport is headed in the future.”
We will have a report on the evening over the coming days and worth watching out on social media tonight as well.
We help to create memorable events linking sport and business for our wide range of members. It’s one of the benefits of being a member of the Sport for Business community.