We have three featured positions currently open within the Irish sporting jobs market, including with Active Disability Ireland, Irish Sailing and Tennis Ireland.
Active Disability Ireland is recruiting for a permanent CEO
Tennis Ireland is looking for an Inclusion and Diversity Manager
Irish Sailing is looking for a Communications Officer
One of the benefits of membership of Sport for Business is the opportunity to reach out to our very engaged audience with positions that become available.
If you have a role that you would like to fill, let us know by sending the details to email@example.com and we will take it from there.
Chief Executive Officer
Active Disability Ireland is seeking a highly skilled Chief Executive Officer who will lead the organisation in helping achieve our vision of creating an Ireland where people with disabilities have equal opportunities to be active.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the position of CEO are invited to submit their CV along with a covering letter to the Chair of Active Disability Ireland, by Friday 8 th December 2023 at 5pm.
Please forward CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chair and members of the Nominations & Remunerations Committee of Active Disability Ireland will review submissions and where applicable invite candidates to interview week commencing the 11th of December 2023.
Background to the organisation
At Active Disability Ireland we believe that people with disabilities should have an equal opportunity to be active for life! That’s why we remain committed to helping to build a more inclusive society where collectively we can help to empower, encourage, and support people with disabilities to be more active with whom they want, when they want and where they want!.
Active Disability Ireland is a Company Limited by Guarantee. Its constitution contains the fundamental rules of its operation. Governance is the responsibility of the Board of Management (9 Directors) democratically elected to oversee the implementation of Active Disability Irelands strategic objectives. Directors serve a 3-year term following appointment by the membership at an Annual General Meeting.
Minimum Criteria for the position of CEO.
The successful candidate will:
1. Have at least 3 years’ experience working in a strategic / senior leadership position in an organisation.
2. Have experience of working with the disability sector.
3. Be able to evidence a thorough knowledge of governance and regulation.
4. Understand the organisation’s financial policies and procedures.
5. Must have experience of managing key stakeholder and partner relations e.g., Irish Government, Sport Ireland, HSE and corporate partners.
6. Have experience of managing risk.
7. Be educated to degree level or equivalent with evidence of relevant continuing professional development.
Closing Date – Friday December 8th at 5 PM
Irish Sailing wishes to recruit an experienced Communications Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to join Irish Sailing’s team and engage with the Irish sailing community.
Who We Are
Irish Sailing is the national governing body for sailing, powerboating and windsurfing. Our vision is to get Ireland active on the water by providing an environment in which our activities are developed, supported and promoted at all levels – from recreation to competition to success on the international stage through our values of leadership, inclusivity, collaboration, integrity, and sustainability.
Reporting to the CEO, the role of the Communications Officer is to deliver a Communications Strategy that promotes Irish Sailing, the sports, institutions, and members it represents. To provide engaging, compelling communications and messaging for national appeal which increases Irish Sailing’s overall profile and image.
The role has a wide reach and interaction with a range of external and internal bodies:
- Performance Department
- Executive Staff
- Communications Policy Group
- Olympic Steering Group
- Irish Sailing Foundation
- Other Irish Sailing Policy Groups
- Training Centres
- Other parties
- Sport Ireland
- Olympic Federation of Ireland
- Federation of Irish Sport
- County Councils
- Local Sports Partnerships
- Sport for Business
- Other national governing bodies (e.g. Swim Ireland, Rowing Ireland, Triathlon, Canoeing)
- World Sailing
- Execution of the integrated communications strategy with key targets and metrics in line with Irish Sailing’s Strategic Plan and Operations Plan.
- Ensure alignment of messaging to internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Contributing to all channels of communication, both traditional and digital, to maximise reach and engagement and grow audiences.
- Maintain positive working relationships with a variety of media channels.
- Maintain and update Brand Guidelines in all communications.
- Monitoring all channels and events to stay abreast of latest developments in the industry.
- Promote key events during the year, such as annual Awards, National & regional conferences, High Performance and Core events.
- Manage and scope communication projects with internal staff and external agencies.
- Manage member databases and extracts for communication purposes.
- Create, manage and distribute, with the team, content and assets for publication through the website CMS, newsletter, social media and mass media.
- Support the development & maintenance of the communications content calendar.
- Support the activation of sponsorship activities.
- Create and publish Irish Sailing’s Annual Report working with Irish Sailing colleagues to agree content and messaging.
- Manage media and communications relationships prior to, during and post Irish Sailing events.
- Manage and provide updates, with the team, in relation to the communications budget.
- Provide analysis, metrics, reports and insight on audience engagement and growth, media coverage, membership satisfaction.
Who You Are
- BA in marketing, communications, journalism, advertising etc
- Experience in a communications role with a national/international organisation
- Skilled communicator with proven and demonstrable experience
- Expertise to develop and deliver communications strategies and programmes to diverse groups.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to consult, communicate and network appropriately and effectively
- Strong organisational skills incorporating excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- A good knowledge of sailing in Ireland together with a broad interest or background in sport.
Location: Dun Laoghaire, Office/Hybrid Mix
Status: Permanent full time
Closing Date: Friday 15th December 2023
Irish Sailing is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Click here for the application form
Inclusion and Diversity Officer
Tennis Ireland is looking for an Inclusion and Diversity Officer to join the Tennis Ireland Operations team based at our new Head Office in the Sport Ireland Campus in Blanchardstown in Dublin.
Tennis Ireland is looking for a talented professional, driven by passion, purpose and pride to implement our equality diversity and inclusion strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the development and implementation of an equality diversity and inclusion strategy and policies.
• Support clubs in the development of inclusion and integration policies via organisation of workshops, seminars, and networking events.
• Regularly review existing policies and procedures within the organisation and identify areas where enhancements can be made to promote equality, diversity, and inclusion.
• Oversee the Tennis Ireland Women in Tennis Programme. • Raise awareness, delivery and tracking actions set down in the Tennis Ireland Equal Advantage Strategy.
• In conjunction with the Director of Development and Competitions Manager coordinate:
o delivery of Coach Education and Officiating courses that specifically target women;
o training of additional female Coach Developers;
• Coordinate the development of promotional material to encourage women to engage in Coaching, Officiating and leadership roles.
• Coordinate participation programmes for women and girls to engage with and play Tennis (i.e. Women’s Try Tennis and Serve Swap).
• Further develop and project manage the delivery of a Leadership Programme which will support and build the knowledge, confidence and connections among women and girls to empower them to take on leadership roles within the sport.
• Oversee Tennis Ireland’s Enjoy Tennis Programme.
• Provide regular analysis of the level of participation for people with disabilities and marginalised groups in our sport.
• Collaborate with Tennis Ireland staff to strategically support the creation of and further enhancement of existing clubs/sessions to provide increased opportunities for peopl with disabilities and marginalised groups to participate at all levels within sport and physical activity.
• Ensure that Tennis Ireland events are welcoming and accessible environments for participants of diverse backgrounds, including individuals with disabilities.
• Build positive relationships with a range of stakeholders and integration service providers to promote diversity and inclusion in tennis.
• Prepare regular reports to track progress, identify gaps, and recommend strategies for improvement.
• Research, collect and analyse data such as participant demographics, membership statistics, and survey feedback.
• Work closely with the Operations Manager to manage associated budgets.
• Ad hoc duties or project work as assigned. Experience Required
• Third level qualification in a related area.
• A strong understanding of the structure of sport in Ireland, preferably tennis.
• Excellent Project Management skills. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Minimum 1 – 2 years’ relevant experience, working with people with disabilities and minority groups.
• Strong attention to detail, with the ability to work on own initiative and be capable of achieving deadlines.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Word and Excel. Additional Information
● This is a permanent position subject to a successful 6-month period of probation.
● The position will incorporate the need for flexible working hours including occasional evening and/or weekend work.
● The position is full time based on a 37.5 working hour week.
Reports to: Tennis Ireland Operations Manager
Remuneration: Depending on experience.
How to apply Letter of application and CV should be sent by email to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on the 12th December 2023.
Please reference Inclusion and Diversity Officer role in the subject line.
Late applications will not be accepted. Only applicants to be invited for an interview will be contacted.
All candidates must have existing valid permission to live and work in Ireland unrestricted. An appointment will be made subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting, Safeguarding and suitable reference checks.
Recruitment timeline Interviews to take place on the 19th of December 2023
Recent Previous Roles advertised through Sport for Business:
Community Manager at Bohemian FC
Facilities Team Leader at Connacht Rugby
Marketing and Events Executive at Leinster Rugby
National Committee members at Golf Ireland
Marketing Manager at Ulster Rugby
Brand and Sponsorship Activation Specialist at KPMG
Sponsorship manager with SSE Airtricity
Health and Wellbeing Coordinator with Special Olympics Ireland
Senior Strategy Manager at the FAI
Digital Marketing and Content Executive at Triathlon Ireland
Marketing and Brand Manager at Leinster Rugby
Administrator at Mountaineering Ireland
Tournament Manager at United Rugby Championship
Senior Commercial Manager (Maternity Cover) IRFU
CEO Sligo Rovers FC
Digital Transformation and Technology Manager Connacht Rugby
Women in Sport Manager at Sport Ireland
Sponsorship Executive at the GAA
SafeSport and Integrity Lead at Gymnastics Ireland
Chief Operations Officer at Golf Ireland
Sponsorship Coordinator at Laya Healthcare
Coach Education Manager at Athletics Ireland
Sponsorship Executive at Leopardstown Racecourse
Sponsorship Executive at Paralympics Ireland
Arena Assistant Manager at Basketball Ireland
Paralympic Ireland Sponsorship Executive
Visitor Experience Coordinator at the Irish FA
Commercial Manager at Sport Ireland
Games Promotion Officer at Squash Ireland
Senior Ticketing Manager at Munster Rugby
Spark Co-Ordinator at Bohemian FC
Chief Operating Officer at Irish Sailing
Sponsorship Manager at St Patrick’s Festival
Head of Football Facility Fund at the FAI
Sponsorship Associate at Aviva
Head of Sponsorship at Aer Lingus
Head of Sponsorship Marketing and Communications at Triathlon Ireland