Sport for Social Good 2020
In a year where sport within our communities has played a vital role, and sport on our screens has raised our spirits, we look back on a year like no other, one in which the concept of Sport for Social Good has never been more important.
On Thursday morning, December 10th we will gather as a community to learn from what has passed and be inspired as to the legacy that we may be creating together.
- We will welcome speakers from the highest levels of sport and business to shine a light on the best of projects that have been undertaken and the impact they are having.
- We will look back on a Year of Communities
- We will look forward to the role of Sport in rebuilding Confidence
- We will discuss the importance of the Soft Power of Sport
- We will learn from special research commissioned to determine the importance of social good among the younger generations.
- We will reflect on the inspiring activities that lifted our spirits with sport at their heart and business at their back.
- Finally, we will have an opportunity to network and chat with our peers across the Sport for Business community and with some of the very special speakers we are gathering and will be revealing over the coming days and weeks.
Sport for Social Good is made possible through the long-standing support of our Partners Allianz
Sport for Social Good 2020 will take place in a virtual environment and registration is now open for members to reserve their place.
There is no charge to attend but we would ask you to only book if you know you will be able to attend as places will be limited for the live event.
If there are places remaining with two weeks to go we will make them available to guests with a small charge.
Sport for Business Partners
Sport for Social Good
- 10:00 - 10:10
- Opening Comments
- Rob Hartnett, Sport for Business
- 10:10 - 10:20
- Making a Difference
- Rob McEvoy, Allianz
- 10:20 - 10:30
- Rebuilding Confidence
- Minister of State Jack Chambers, TD
- 10:30 - 10:50
- A Year of Community
- Maighréad Cremin, Supervalu and Edel McCarthy, Electric Ireland
- 10:50 - 11:10
- The Soft Power of Sport
- John Sheils, Manchester United Foundation
- 11:10 - 11:30
- Building Strength Through Wellbeing Partnership
- Joe Mooney, Lidl; Mike Mansfield, Jigsaw and Emer Gallagher
- 11:30 - 11:45
- Sport for Social Good Research
- Charlie Nelson, and Bríd O'Donnell, Bounce Insights