The Government is seeking expressions of interest from those willing to step up as Chair of Horse Sport Ireland. This position together with three ordinary Board members is being advertised on The State Boards website with a closing date of next Thursday, May 31st.
The appointment will cover an Olympic cycle which promises significant involvement on the part of show jumping, eventing and Pentathlon, all of which come under the remit of the National Governing Body.
The specification for the role of Chair includes the following characteristics
– Significant experience at CEO/Managing Director or Chairperson level of a fast moving and results-oriented organisation of significant scale.
– A proven track record of leadership and consensus building.
– Strategic planning capability, having exposure to and involvement in a strategic planning process.
– A strong track record of corporate governance and compliance experience.
– Evidence of a clear understanding of the equine/agri sector
– Previous experience of Board membership and ideally of Chairing a Board
In terms of the Board members, they are looking for particular experience across the Financial, Media, Legal and Governance sectors.
The appointments will be made by the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine and will become effective from as early as July 2018.
They will work closely with CEO Ronan Murphy who joined the organisation last summer.
It looks like an exciting opportunity to play a part in a sporting organisation of significant scale and real value to Ireland.
More details on how to apply can be seen here.
Image Credit: James Crombie, Inpho.ie