The Republic of Ireland will not be at the Men’s Euro 2020 and qualification for the Women’s Finals one year later will require a herculean effort to beat Germany, but there is an opportunity for an Irish presence in the shape of a new job being advertised by the English FA.
The role of Digital Marketing Manager linking the two events is currently being filled with applications open until the 12th of November.
The winning candidate will have a particular focus on “maximising digital engagement and delivering an exceptional digital customer experience for every fan.” They will lead the delivery of the digital strategy and campaigns including website content, social media and CRM; developing engaging content across all channels.
We have some brilliant digital marketers working across brands and sport in Ireland. This could be a sliding door moment for one.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the development and implementation of the tournaments’ marcomms strategies, helping to raise the awareness of both tournaments, engage the UK population and promote the tournaments.
- Lead the implementation of cross-platform digital marketing targeting key audiences, including new audiences to women’s football to achieve agreed KPIs (including channel and database growth) for UEFA Women’s EURO 2022.
- Work in collaboration with The FA and UEFA digital teams to implement the various campaigns and to ensure alignment and delivery of a consistent and excellent fan experience across all digital channels.
- Ensure UEFA EURO 2020 / UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 digital channels are always relevant, up-to-date, accurate and on message, driving and growing traffic to them to enhance awareness of campaigns, initiatives and to drive ticket sales.
- Brief and deliver marketing materials (such as digital, social media assets) required to effectively support campaigns – creating high quality elements for all relevant channels in a timely manner.
- Lead the creation of a cross-platform content strategy and develop a comprehensive and data-driven CRM plan to drive engagement across the tournaments (from awareness to attendance) and to support with ticket sales for UEFA Women’s EURO 2022.
- Develop and deliver the full spectrum of digital marketing activities including content creation, website and social media campaign creation and management, digital media, influencer marketing and email marketing.
- Work in collaboration with key stakeholders including host football clubs, host cities, sponsors and partners across activation programmes and plans.
- Work in collaboration with key commercial and broadcast partners in conjunction with UEFA to maximise the reach and engagement of sponsor and broadcaster partner activations.
- Support the management of external agency support including being the lead for CRM, social media and website activity.
- Work in collaboration with the data and insight agency and ticketing provider for UEFA Women’s EURO 2022.
- Ensure all activities are based on insight, targeted at key fan groups, grounded in data and tracked with clear KPIs.
- Take ownership for the in-market performance of the campaigns adjusting plans to reflect performance to yield the best result possible. Deliver analysis of performance dashboards to shape the digital and media activity and create formal reviews of campaigns with key learnings.
- Act as a brand ambassador for both UEFA EURO 2020 and UEFA Women’s EURO 2022, championing the events and driving collaboration and engagement both inside and outside the organisation.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet the changing priorities of both tournaments.
- Build, own and leverage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Sport for Business Partners