As they arise we are always happy to bring you news of jobs that are available across the Sport for Business Community.
If you are a Sport for Business member and would like to promote a position within your organisation, contact us today with the details.
Today we bring you news of a position as Chief Operating Officer with the FAI
Chief Operating Officer – FAI
Reporting to the FAI Chief Executive Officer, and a key member of the FAI Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be involved in setting, driving and delivering the FAI’s overall growth strategy at all levels of football across Ireland.
The Chief Operating Officer will also deputise for the CEO in times of absence.
Working closely with the FAI Board, Senior Leadership Team, Staff, Leagues, Clubs, central government, local government, Sport Ireland, the EU, FIFA, UEFA and other key stakeholders, the COO will collaborate with the CEO in Strategic Planning to drive forward and manage the FAI’s strategic vision and objectives.
Along with the leadership of a multidisciplinary team and delivery of certain core functions, the COO will play a key role in role modelling and supporting the SLT to set the correct tone from the top to achieve cultural and business transformation.
The COO will also oversee and deliver in-depth analysis of current and potential business and football growth strategies as well as manage departmental performance, alongside the SLT, in line with the FAI Strategy, Budgets and Forecasts.
The Candidate will have:
- A track record as an experienced, commercially-focused Senior Leader with a strong track record in delivering business solutions, steadfast resolve and personal integrity – International business experience an advantage.
- A strong and current knowledge of and experience in strategy development with a depth of expertise and a toolkit of best-in-class practice and policy.
- Significant expertise of developing organisational and component strategies that span multiple functions and aspects of the FAI’s purpose.
- A strong track record in developing successful strategic plans for leading businesses, ideally within the sports sector (but not essential).
- An ability to analyse both internal and external environments to maximise the impact of the core pillars within the FAI Strategy.
- The ability to think strategically and think ‘whole organisation’ from strategy development to implementation and performance management.
- An understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues.
- Proven business acumen, decision-making and problem-solving ability with experience of taking accountability for the results of a team of diverse business functions.
- Deep understanding of digital, data analysis and performance metrics.
- Outstanding leadership qualities with the ability to work towards collective outcomes, galvanising and energising teams and colleagues, winning hearts and minds and taking them on a journey towards the future.
- Decisive, energetic and enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a team player, a talent developer with the ability to lead and inspire a team to success.
- A track record of effective influence and interaction at Board and Director level and the ability to quickly establish gravitas with FAI Board and Senior Leadership Team.
- Experience of playing a leading role on a management team keeping the focus on strategic objectives and ensuring the organisation is clear on the milestones they must reach in order to achieve goals.
- A love for football and understanding of the football landscape in Ireland. A knowledge of the FAI and the workings of FIFA and UEFA would be beneficial.
- A relevant business qualification would be an advantage
If you believe you have the drive, passion and experience necessary to take on this role, please submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter outlining how your experience fits the requirements, by email to email@example.com referencing FAI COO.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday 27th September 2021. Candidates for this role will be sourced through both an advertised and an executive search process.
Please note only applications received by email to the address above will be considered.
“A powerful and influential network of information and collaboration”
Sport for Business Partners