As they arise we are always happy to bring you news of jobs that are available across the Sport for Business Community.
If you are a Sport for Business member and would like to promote a position within your organisation, contact us today with the details.
Today we bring you news of two roles in sport, at a senior level in Paralympics Ireland and at an entry level in Cricket Ireland.
Sports Director – Paralympics Ireland
Paralympics Ireland are inviting applications to the position of Sports Director with the organisation.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, driven individual to play a key role in driving the future of Para Sport in Ireland, using their skills to work with multiple Sport’s National Governing Bodies (NGB’s) in support of elite athletes with a disability towards the Paralympic Games in Tokyo 2021, Paris in 2024 and beyond.
- Team lead for the Paralympic Team for Tokyo 2021 and future Paralympic Games
- Work with NGBs and other stakeholders in the development and implementation of strategies to grow para sport in Ireland and increase the opportunities for athletes to progress through a high performance pathway to elite level.
This role will work closely with the Performance Director of Paralympics Ireland to gain an understanding of the requirements for success at high performance level, so that the sports can be guided and supported towards this direction.
Suitable candidates should apply in writing with a letter and current CV to Colin@paralympics.ie The closing date for applications is 5 pm on January 15th 2021. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place during the last week in January
To see the full job description please click HERE
Participation Programmes Coordinator – Cricket Ireland
Cricket Ireland is seeking a full-time Participation Programmes Coordinator for a fixed-term period, to be responsible for the coordination and roll out of Cricket Ireland’s participation programmes and will support the Participation department on projects aimed at meeting the strategic priorities for cricket in Ireland, together with providing any associated administrative support across the Participation team, specifically Safeguarding, Coach Education and National Development.
This is an entry-level position. The closing date for applications is midday, 25 January 2021.
A detailed Job Description and further details on the application process can be downloaded here.
A full CV and detailed covering letter should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Participation Programmes Coordinator’ and will be confidential.
This role is closing for application today…
Sponsorship Specialist – Bord Gáis Energy
The Sponsorship Specialist role is a key position within the Bord Gáis Energy Marketing team. You will assume full ownership and accountability for the day to day running of Bord Gáis Energy’s GAA sponsorship properties, including Senior GAA Hurling Championship and the Bord Gáis Energy GAA Legends Tour Series, and work closely with the wider marketing team on sponsorship, Rewards and communications campaigns.
About the Role
- You will lead the delivery of Bord Gáis Energy’s GAA sponsorship programme of rights as per the sponsorship agreement in place.
- Manage relationships with the Rights Holders and key stakeholders, in identifying and realising unique activation opportunities for Bord Gáis Energy.
- Partner closely with internal teams, the Rights Holders and external agencies for planning and implementing activation plans to achieve on-going customer awareness, acquisition and retention targets.
- Full accountability for activation plans and budgets.
- Partner closely with the Brand Manager to ensure a consistent brand approach to all activations across the Bord Gáis Energy sponsorship portfolio.
- Responsible for creating campaigns to drive consumer engagement and memorable moments, from idea generation right through to campaign completion. This involves the ability to build strong professional relationships and work closely with the internal digital, insights and marketing team as well as third party PR, sponsorship, events, promotional, digital and direct marketing agencies.
- Create tactical plans, detailing activities to successfully leverage the sponsorship programme and drive PR (traditional and new media) opportunities.
- Responsible for the measurement of campaigns and activations; working closely with insights team to research, review and report.
- Actively contribute to the development of commercial business cases for sponsorship proposals.
- Provide communications support to the broader marketing team on key campaigns.
- Marketing Degree or equivalent third-level qualification essential.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience working in a relevant marketing function in the areas of Sponsorship, PR and Event Management.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to form, establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Although not essential, experience in managing sports sponsorship and sports activations would be a benefit.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a dynamic team.
- Full clean drivers’ licence.
- Ability and flexibility to work outside office hours as required by the nature of some events.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance, and a host of other benefits, including volunteering days with our charity partner, Focus Ireland. You will enjoy our friendly and collaborative culture, with excellent work/life balance.
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 13th January 2021. Canvassing will disqualify.
If you are a Sport for Business member and would like to promote a position within your organisation, <a href=”mailto:email@example.com”><strong>contact us today</strong></a> with the details.
<p style=”text-align: center;”><strong>Sport for Business Partners</strong></p>