As they arise we are always happy to bring you news of jobs that are available across the Sport for Business Community.
If you are a Sport for Business member and would like to promote a position within your organisation, contact us today with the details.
Today we bring you news of a position as Head of Video with Balls.ie
Head of Video – Balls Media
Balls Media is seeking to add to its production team with the hiring of an experienced video producer/director to head up the creative team. This senior role will have responsibility for driving the creative direction of all video output, branded and in-house while leading the development of new concepts and strands to help drive the business forward.
The right candidate will be an experienced all-rounder with a passion for creating, planning and directing productions. A vast understanding of video performance across all channels and platforms would be key.
Day to Day
- Running daily production meetings to respond to incoming briefs to create storyboards and deliver top ideas for external partners
- Build and create Balls.ie creative video output plans
- Lead weekly product meetings to drive new concepts and video series
- Drive improvements in content across all channels from streaming to social video.
- Introduce new formats on a regular basis
- Report on performance analytics of content and lead on improving same
- Lead all big shoots and hire freelance presenting and production staff
- Develop relationships with broadcasters and relevant talent
- Explore funding opportunities and co-productions
- Help train and mentor junior staff
- Report to management on weekly progress
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
Essential skills & Competencies
- Full Adobe Suite – Video Editing and Motion Graphics
- Vast Experience of Instagram/IGTV, YouTube, FB, Twitter Video
- Keen interest and experience in Irish Sport
- Time management
- Creative thinking
- Attention to Detail
- At Least 3 Years working in a Video Production environment at a senior level
- At least 3 years of experience in creation of social media content
- Showreel of previous work.
- Examples of content formats created
- Sports media experience
- Experience with commercial clients
- Is sports mad with vast experience creating high impact video content around Irish sport
- Has bag loads of ideas and is no stranger to turning around ideas in a fast paced environment
- Is vastly interested in the established video platforms like YouTube and Facebook and is always keen to explore the new emerging platforms and technologies
- Has an eye for creative detail from Sets to final video
- Drinks Tea
“A powerful and influential network of information and collaboration”
Sport for Business Partners