As they arise we are always happy to bring you news of jobs that are available across the Sport for Business Community.
If you are a Sport for Business member and would like to promote a position within your organisation, contact us today with the details.
Today we bring you news of a role at Bord Gáis Energy, looking to fill the position left by the departure of Sorcha Fennell Sheehan:
Sponsorship Specialist – Bord Gáis Energy
The Sponsorship Specialist role is a key position within the Bord Gáis Energy Marketing team. You will assume full ownership and accountability for the day to day running of Bord Gáis Energy’s GAA sponsorship properties, including Senior GAA Hurling Championship and the Bord Gáis Energy GAA Legends Tour Series, and work closely with the wider marketing team on sponsorship, Rewards and communications campaigns.
About the Role
- You will lead the delivery of Bord Gáis Energy’s GAA sponsorship programme of rights as per the sponsorship agreement in place.
- Manage relationships with the Rights Holders and key stakeholders, in identifying and realising unique activation opportunities for Bord Gáis Energy.
- Partner closely with internal teams, the Rights Holders and external agencies for planning and implementing activation plans to achieve on-going customer awareness, acquisition and retention targets.
- Full accountability for activation plans and budgets.
- Partner closely with the Brand Manager to ensure a consistent brand approach to all activations across the Bord Gáis Energy sponsorship portfolio.
- Responsible for creating campaigns to drive consumer engagement and memorable moments, from idea generation right through to campaign completion. This involves the ability to build strong professional relationships and work closely with the internal digital, insights and marketing team as well as third party PR, sponsorship, events, promotional, digital and direct marketing agencies.
- Create tactical plans, detailing activities to successfully leverage the sponsorship programme and drive PR (traditional and new media) opportunities.
- Responsible for the measurement of campaigns and activations; working closely with insights team to research, review and report.
- Actively contribute to the development of commercial business cases for sponsorship proposals.
- Provide communications support to the broader marketing team on key campaigns.
- Marketing Degree or equivalent third-level qualification essential.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience working in a relevant marketing function in the areas of Sponsorship, PR and Event Management.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to form, establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Although not essential, experience in managing sports sponsorship and sports activations would be a benefit.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a dynamic team.
- Full clean drivers’ licence.
- Ability and flexibility to work outside office hours as required by the nature of some events.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance, and a host of other benefits, including volunteering days with our charity partner, Focus Ireland. You will enjoy our friendly and collaborative culture, with excellent work/life balance.
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 13th January 2021. Canvassing will disqualify.
Other roles still open that might be of interest include:
<strong>CEO- Ireland Active</strong>
Ireland Active is the national association for the leisure, health and fitness sector representing over 350 organisations across the Republic of Ireland. Our members include hotel, public and private leisure centres, swimming pools, gyms, studios, recreational facilities, education providers and activity centres all of which play a key role in inclusive activity catering for all ages and ability, providing an outlet for physical activity in communities across the country.
We work with partners in Sport Ireland, Skillnet Ireland, Swim Ireland, CARA and others to actively promote the social and economic importance of the Irish leisure, health and fitness sector with the aim of getting more people, more active more often.
Ireland Active is structured as a not-for-profit entity and a company limited by guarantee with a Board consisting of representatives from both within the membership (Private Industry, Local Authority Industry, Education, Hotels) as well as independent directors which oversee the strategic direction of the organisation. The organisation has grown significantly over the past number of years.
Summary of Role:
The Board is now seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer with the necessary leadership and strategic management skills to develop Ireland Active over the next number of years. While 2020 has proved a challenging year for the industry Ireland Active performed well and we are now seeking someone with the enthusiasm, motivation and genuine passion for the industry to work with our members and deliver on all our strategic goals going forward.
Reporting to the Board, the Chief Executive will be required to:
• Drive and implement the vision, strategy and policy for the organisation
• Provide leadership, standards and support for our membership
• Build key strategic alliances with domestic and international partners
• Develop and maintain existing relationships with all stakeholders
• Manage the organisation – governance, financial, strategic and human resources
• Develop, motivate and lead the Ireland Active team
• Demonstrate excellent strategic capability
• Proven track record in management and leadership
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to disseminate and articulate information
• Ability to build relationships and lobby on behalf of our membership
• Track record of building partnerships in a multi-stakeholder environment
• Experience of working with a membership body/sporting organisation or similar
• Ability to interact and represent Ireland Active at all levels across sport, fitness, government and business at local, national and international level
• Genuine interest and passion for the industry
• Someone who is respected and can garner trust
• Experience of developing teams and team culture
• Solid experience in general management including financial management, governance, human resources, communications and public relations
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Influencing, developing and driving the strategy in conjunction with the Board
• Organisational leadership including managing the staff and developing the team in line with required skills and experience
• Financial management and expertise in managing budgets and overall good financial controlling
• Reporting to the Board – developing and implementing a management reporting structure that informs the Board and Sub-Committees of progress against strategy, key operational plans and, strategy projects, while keeping the board briefed on key risks
• Growing and diversifying commercial and other revenue streams, managing and activating commercial relationships and optimising the short and long term financial performance of the company
• Advocating and influencing policy, by monitoring public affairs and policy strategy and working closely with a wide variety of key stakeholders including members, Government and its agencies as well as other relevant non-government & sport and fitness organisations in Ireland and overseas
• Further developing external communications and the voice of the industry at National and Governmental level, growing relevant industry statistics and the organisation’s ability to contribute to policy in relation to raising standards in the industry and getting people more active more often in Ireland
• Ensuring the organisation meets its financial, audit, legal and statutory requirements and any contracted obligations with partners
• Continuing to raise the standards within the industry by furthering the development of the National Quality Standard, overseeing the REPs Ireland strategy and cementing its position as the national training register for the industry as well as relevant Codes of Practice for our Members and Codes of Ethics for Suppliers.
• Furthering the potential of the Leisure, Health and Fitness Skillnet Steering Group which helps raise the standards of operations, safety and finance within our industry and to further develop career paths for those working in the industry
• Administrating excellence across our key member services and helping grow our support to members.
Applications with CV should be sent to <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”><strong>email@example.com</strong></a> by 5 pm on Monday 11th January 2021
If you are a Sport for Business member and would like to promote a position within your organisation, <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”><strong>contact us today</strong></a> with the details.
<p style=”text-align: center;”><strong>Sport for Business Partners</strong></p>