Pizza and drinks Fridays may not be the most important element in a new job but when it’s part of a role that combines working for one of Ireland’s most successful global brands and helping them get creative around sporting sponsorship, it’s a nice to have.
Paddy Power are looking to appoint a Brand Manager and we are pretty sure there will be a lot of interest.
Here’s what it entails…
You must be hard-wired to challenge convention, know the value of persistence, and join the dots across multiple teams to create world-class campaigns for one of the world’s great marketing brands.
Reporting to the Head of Brand, your job centres on end-to-end delivery of outstanding consumer marketing for the Paddy Power brand across all sports in Ireland, as well as the lifeblood of the business – horse racing – in both the UK and Ireland. This could include the development of media strategies for a new Ireland ATL advertising, supporting our PR/Mischief teams on their missions to disrupt the news cycle, or leading the line on consumer communications that reach millions of people.
You’ll be a guardian for the brand’s high-bar in advertising standards, a diversity and Responsible Gaming advocate, and connect Paddy Power to the mass market across sponsorships, media partnerships, traditional and non-traditional advertising.
Are you customer obsessed? Commercially Savvy? A trouble-shooter? … then this role is for you.
What You’ll be Doing…
- Creative – front the development of new horse racing positioning and assets for UK & Ire including key projects such as the Dublin Racing Festival, Leopardstown Christmas Festival, Cheltenham, Grand National, Royal Ascot, start of jumps season as well as BAU horse racing.
- Media – support the head of brand and marketing director with our media agencies, both from best-in-class briefs, feedback, and budget management, through to in market execution.
- Sponsorship – collaborate with key stakeholders both internally and outside the PPB business to set a fresh trajectory for the sport of kings, helping the brand maximise its portfolio of racing inventory.
- Irish activations – Grow consideration for the Paddy Power brand in Ireland with specific focus on football (Premier League), GAA and horse racing.
- Content / PR – help connect, inspire and define a new integrated approach / ways of working framework with our colleagues across brand marketing.
- Stakeholder collaboration – lead by example with key partners to achieve objectives, e.g. digital, studio, retail, CRM, Insights, commercial and finance including ownership of campaign creative sign offs and first POC for internal studio briefing.
- Managing campaigns is a critical part of this role, you’ll also need to put your shoulder to the wheel for the big events for flawless end-to-end execution.
- Central point of contact in the business for all day to day brand action, engaging with a wider range of stakeholders from commercial to trading to retail to digital to align and amplify plans and understand the ongoing needs of the business
- Identify growth opportunities, driving innovation and creativity across all elements of PP marketing.
- Become an advocate for Responsible Gaming and internal brand engagement, inspiring others.
What We’re Looking For…
Are you passionate about sports? …(you should definitely know a Faugheen from a Frankel) Do you have demonstrable experience of working in dynamic, fast-paced environments for established brands?
- 3 years managing media and activations with a leading brand
- Strong portfolio of brand work (ATL, BTL campaign, activation) strongly desired
- Essential to have experience leading on image strategy and presentation experience
- Key relationships include Commercial department and Traders, liaising on media strategy for events
- Make our key partnerships shine. These include Off the Ball (Ireland) and the Jockey Club (UK).
- Tertiary qualification required
- Demonstrated experience as a PowerPoint ninja, Excel wizard.
- Experience managing a team desirable